Monday, June 2, 2014

The BEST Week of My Mission


Family!  :)

I always love it when I get a minute to sit down and write to the best family in the world!  I've got a lot to say - so fasten your seat belts.

For starters - a HUGE congratulations to Braeden and his mission call!  PERU is Awesome!  He is going to love every minute of it.  Yeah, I'm a little bummed that I can't be there for this time of his life, but it's alright - I'll see him again.  :)

As for the week it sounds like you guys ran like crazy - just like us!  I can tell you right now that this was the best week of my entire mission.  I know that I used to say that every week - but it's going to be really hard to beat this one.




On Monday night we went to go and ask the branch president a question.  When we got to his house, he asked us where we were going that night.  So we went out and had a super awesome, spiritual night.  We visited a less active family and taught them about how we need to be valiant and true to the gospel.  Even if we live in a place like "Sodom" (or Barrio Esperanza) we need to be true!  We ended the lesson by kneeling in prayer in their humble home.  We definitely left feeling the Spirit.  We also stopped by Carlos' house and he was in a lot of pain from a dislocated disc in his back.  We gave him a blessing and continued on.

Tuesday I got to give the message in District Meeting.  I talked about Gideon's army of 300 soldiers that were worthy to fight.  How he started with 3200 and ended up with 300 (the whole story is in Judges 6-7, check it out).  I related it to how we need to be MORE than just men.  Like a quote I shared "You can't be a lifeguard is you look like all the other swimmers on the beach."

After district meeting, we went to LaValle on divisions.   I was with Elder Morin and we went hiking and had a good time.  Just kidding - but we did visit this lady who lived about 2 km from LaValle - so it felt like a hike.  The visit was well worth it and we had a good time together.

But now for the best part of the week.  So you remember Jorge and Alicia that got married back in April?  Well, Jorge never got baptized but he talked with President Heyman and on Thursday the President called me and asked if I was "ready for some good news?"  He told me that Jorge was going to be baptized on Saturday!!!

We got things all set up and on Saturday I have never seen anyone so excited to be baptized.  We told him to be there at 6 and he showed up at 5!  He just couldn't have been more excited and then he told me that when they go to the temple that I have to be there so I might be coming back to Argentina next year!  :)  The baptism was great and the most fulfilling moment of my entire mission.  The spirit at his baptism was burning the whole time and we had about 50 people there!









After the baptism, Elder Valdez and I were standing out in front of the church and E Valdez was calling the sisters in Bella Vista to congratulated them on the baptism they had that day as well.  As I was standing in front of the church I started to think about how crazy the world is I looked up to the top of the steeple and then down to the plaque on the front of the church and I had the most peaceful feeling come over me.  It was something that I've truly never felt before.  As I continued to look at the plaque - almost in a daze at the word "JUSUCHRISTO" - I felt this sound understanding come to my mind that God really does live, He wants us to change and progress and He makes it all possible because of His love for us.

I don't really know how to put this experience into words but I can tell you now, more than any other time in my life and without any doubt in my heart that I know that my Savior lives.  I love Him and He loves me.  And I couldn't be more grateful for every blessing that I have.  If you're reading this - you are one of my blessings.  :)

Love you all,

Elder Harris







No comments:

Post a Comment