Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My First Miracle

Mom!

How was the baseball tournament?  I hope my boys did okay . . .

I couldn't wait until Thursday to tell you a couple of things, so you're getting a hand written letter from your favorite missionary!  :)

For starters - thanks for the package!  We loved it.  I need some emergeny-C if you can send me some.

I saw Tayler Hendricks grandparents here.  They told me that he got his call to SPAIN!  What!?!? They also said that someone got called to Denmark and England, but didn't tell me who.  So who is it?

Colton flies out on Tuesday as well.  We're going to get some pictures on the temple walk on Sunday.  I'll send them to you next week.

So this is what I need to tell you!  The other day (Saturday) we were playing basketball.  Long story short - Elder Beach completely dislocated his knee cap.  He picked up a rebound, turned - and then hit the floor with his knee cap protruding out of his leg!  My first thought was that he completely blew out his knee.  It looked so bad.  So I ran for the doctor and my district said a prayer that he would be okay.  The doctors came over and popped the patella (knee cap) back into place.  I carried him to the doctor's office where we iced and wrapped it up.  After leaving him there I broke down.  Just wondering HOW or WHY this accident had to happen to my brother and now to my first companion. 

I went to a corner of the gym and said this prayer - I don't even know how to explain it.  I've never felt the spirit so strong.  I can honestly say that I felt Heavenly Father put his hand on my back and tell me everything is going to be ok.  I prayed harder than I think I ever have for someone in my life.

After gym, we iced it a couple of times and took it easy.  That night Elder Beach asked me to give him a blessing.  I was super scared because the only other blessing I've ever given was to you. So I said a quick prayer that I would be led by the Spirit and know what to say.

Elder Mickelson annointed the oil and I gave the blessing.  I've never felt closer to my Heavenly Father in all my life.  I don't remember anything I said, but it felt like my heart was on fire.  I closed the blessing by saying "Keep the Faith" and I FINALLY understand why Ty would always say that in his letters.

So we kind of paused - all of us - for a second after the blessing and E. Mickelson said, "I've never felt this way before."

Later that night I was writing a letter to Ty asking for advice when I got this prompting that my companion would be able to walk tomorrow.  So I told that to E. Vandevort who said, "You're crazy!  Did you not see his knee?"  All I could think of to say back to him was "You've got to have faith!"

So I'm writing on Sunday night and guess what!?  He walked today!  Yes, he still has a bit of a limp and he's slow at walking, but if this wasn't a MIRACLE, I don't know what is.

I'm going with E. Beach to see an orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday morning just to make sure that everything is okay. 

Anyway, I love you mom!  Tell the rest of the family that I love them too.  I love Elder Beach like a brother. 

Love,
Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment