Monday, October 20, 2014

Snapbacks & Barrio Toba


Well, the name of this weekly letter is gonna be "Snapbacks and Barrio Toba"

I know you love me mom.  I’m trying my best to make you and dad be proud of me. 

I´ll try to hit the stories I told you last night, but for real. I love talking to you guys – you’re the best.

The Scripture was D&C 78:17 

17 Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are little children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you;
18 And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of goodcheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours.
19 And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more.

It just got me to think about how we really don’t understand all the blessings that our Father has waiting for us, but we just need to be happy and follow in The Path. The Kingdom is ours, if we want and those that follow this path, with gratitude toward our Heavenly Father will be made even as He is. 

I love the scriptures. Sometimes, they just talk to me.

I´ve also been thinking about what Dad asked me and I just want to repeat what Elder Simmons said - for all those preparing to serve missions, go and have mission experiences. Pray and ask Heavenly Father to have some experience every day to help you become a missionary. Mom, you can do this too. There’s a video on lds.org on the Hastening the Work of Salvation that talks about it. I feel that sometimes we are so busy or so worried about going to this place, or getting that thing done, that we forget to stop and help Gods children on our side. The worth of every soul is great in the eyes of the Lord. 

Melissa is home? Wow. Didn’t I help show her into the MTC? ;)  How great for her though. I know what she feels like - even though I’m in Clorinda, half of my heart is still in Goya. Always will be...

Well, I might want start eating some meat and doing more than 30 minutes of exercise. It looks like the Cougs need me! Put in a good word with Bronco for me... I’m gonna get home screaming "Put me in Coach! I’m ready to play!"

So this week, we had some good experiences. For starters, I got some crocodile skins. Just a gift, really. We walked a lot, so my legs are getting ready for the kickoff squad, and well, we kicked some rocks. Man, I’m telling you – I’m getting goood at kicking rocks. I can kick a pebble like half a block!So really, we had some good experiences. We also had the BIGGEST miracle. So there is this less active boy named Oscar, he´s 21 and every weekend, well everyday he drinks and smokes and does drugs, and ya.. so the other day, we had this super spiritual lesson with him and his brother who is also less active, and we invited them to prepare to receive the priesthood. No joke, we came by a few days later and Oscar was completely clean. Has not even picked up a cigarette in 2 days. His nose would bleed for hours on end, but we gave him a blessing and he´ll be okay. It was such a great week. I’m gonna miss the spirit of being a missionary for sure... And now Nelson´s girlfriend Mariela has a baptismal date for November - the plan is that Nelson can baptize his soon to be wife! :)

I also got to do a baptismal interview with a lady named Andrea. That was fun! She was really prepared and the spirit was super strong during the interview, so she was baptized on Friday! It was a great baptism and a lot of people came out to support her. 

We also had a super great experience! So, we have this family that was just baptized in another area, but their entire family lives in my area... and he came out with us in 110 degree weather to show us his family! It was so great. We got to meet a ton of people with him and we invited them all to come to church! Since it was mother´s day, they didn’t come but we have next week!

I’m sorry, I don’t have any more time to write, but I love you guys a ton!
Have fun this week!
I’m not gonna come home with my shoes on!
Elder Harris III

No comments:

Post a Comment