Monday, May 12, 2014

This is Just a Big, Great, Marvelous Journey

Hey Family!

Wow it seems like just yesterday I was talking with you guys, but you know what they say . . . Time flies on the mission!  :)

Things have just been so good lately.  I remember Dad telling me before I left that in between the phone calls that the time goes so fast and time did go soooo fast!  Looking back it doesn't even seem like that long ago that I talked to you all on Christmas.  And yet, another phone call has come and gone and it might just be my last - depending on transfers and if they send me home in time to get into school.

In all seriousness, it was just so great to talk to you yesterday!  It seems like the entire family is the exact same - Ty and his jokes and Braeden . . . and all the funny things he does.  As for Kenzie - it BLEW ME AWAY . . . she has grown up SO much.  When I left she was this little girl and now she seems all grown up!  Like you said Mom, she really is becoming a beautiful young woman.

As for this week it was pretty mellow.  We got a lot of work done!  We went to the hospital with Elder Morin for his arm - the doctor checked him out and said that everything is great and the cast would be coming off next week!!  So he was super excited to hear that news.  His cast is decently big and it seems fairly heavy but he's a tough kid and this little trial has helped him grown into "who Heavenly Father needs him to be."

We did have a good exchange and every once in a while it's great to work with another companion - I love seeing how other missionaries teach and present the gospel.  I feel at times that I end up learning more from them!

This is just a big, great, marvelous journey that I don't regret starting.  Thank you for the picture of my baptism by the way.  It was super cool to see what my little 8 year old testimony looked like.  The one thing that I remember from my baptism is that a man spoke and told me that I would never ever ever forget this day.  And to be honest, I really haven't forgotten.  I remember stepping into the warm water with Dad and feeling this inner clean feeling - kind of like how I felt the first time I went to the temple.  The spirit confirming to me that what I was doing was the right thing.   I read a talk last night and a man said that when we feel the spirit really strong we should say a prayer and thank Heavenly Father for talking to us, for showing us His love and how much he really wants us to grow.

As for the investigators, we have a few that are still progressing.  Victor and Sole are still planning on getting married but we don't have a date for the wedding yet.  Estella is progressing great!  And the same with the rest of them.  We're just working, smiling and loving every minute!

Have a great week!
Love you!

Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment