Monday, April 21, 2014

Weddings, Baptisms and Consejo



Hey Family!

It's so nice to finally sit down and relax for a second today.  So Jorge and Alicia were supposed to get married last Wednesday and baptized last Saturday but the doctor decided not to show up so the papers didn't get signed and we had to change the wedding until TODAY!  We talked to President Heyman and got things worked out so that we could have the baptism today also so I just finished running around all morning and attending their wedding and baptism.  It was a great day!










Yes!  Transfers are coming up and I hope that I can stay here in Goya with my companion (he's a lot of fun) for one more transfer but I don't know if that's going to happen.  I think that the entire mission is going to be seeing some changes.

I looks like you guys put some rocks in the back yard!  It looks great!  And Braeden looks great with his prom date!  I remember being a teenager and I miss it tremendously.  Just being relaxed and having fun all the time!  Those were the good ole days for sure!  Hot tub Tuesdays and Wendesdays, and Thursdays, and Saturdays . . .

Sterling is a Larsen, so I have no doubt that he will go somewhere Spanish speaking.  I'm feeling Argentina!  Just send him on down here and I'll take good care of him.  :)  If you can, go and see Brother Adams.  I told him when I left that "I WILL SEE HIM AGAIN" - so intend on seeing him again and I'll be praying for him for sure.

This week we had interviews with President Heyman.  Elder Suarez and I bought these chicken sandwich things for everyone for lunch,  It was a super good change from the usual pasta, empanadas or pizza!  He also had Hermana Oveido cook up some of her famous Banana/Dulce de Leche Flan.  YUM

My interview was great.  President said something that President Gottfredson said that night before I left and it made me feel that I'm doing when the Lord wants me to do.  I felt like President Heyman "fulfilled prophecy".  :)

We also had consejo on Thursday in Resistencia.  We had a little mix up with tickets and ended up taking a later bus to Corrientes and then a taxi to Resistencia (which ended up being cheaper than the collectivo).  We enjoyed another consejo!

On the way back, we got on the bus and there was this little girl with down-syndrome sitting next to me and Elder Jones and the Sisters that went with us.  So being missionaries we started talking to them and she had recently turned 15 and had a quincinieta (it's like a big party for girls when they turn 15).  She had two huge albums chuck full of pictures and it was so sweet!  After we looked at her pictures, another mom wanted to show me her daughters quencinieta too.  I looked through like 5 albums of photos and heard stories about people I've never met before but it was pretty fun anyway!

We also had another super good lesson with Alicia this weekend and decided to review the baptismal questions with her and at the end of the lesson she started to cry and through her tears she told us how grateful she was for all the changes that she has seen in her family since she found the gospel.  It was a great moment to be able to have the spirit testify to us of the reason WHY we do the things that we do.  It was definately a great experience!

We are working hard and trying to do everything er can to help others.  Doing what we should, right?

I love you guys, have a great week!

Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment