Monday, December 29, 2014

Feliz Navidad!!


Hola 
Feliz Navidad!! 
Que sea un año de prosperidad! 

As for this week, Elder Brough and I have been absolute disasters. Either he or I have been sick everyday (including today). I don’t know what’s going on! So we had a weird schedule this week, but I think with all the time we spent in the pench I´ll be able to give a rundown of the whole week.

So Monday, we had the Zone Christmas party. We did the White Elephant, and it was a riot. I got this silly hat, and Elder Brough got this super itchy, neck-brace turtleneck. It was hilarious. We watched the Christmas Devotional and enjoyed some cookies that the sisters made.




As for Tuesday, we had a super good work day. The only problem, was that about 6 at night, I started feeling a little sick. I remembered what Prez Butler told me and I didn’t want to go to the pench early. So, we kept working. To make a long story short, my body couldn´t do it anymore. We had tried a few more houses but about 8:45 I finally threw in the towel. We took a bus and as the second we got home, I passed out. I think it was heat exhaustion. I just needed to drink a little more water. So since I´ve been drinking more and I feel fine!

Wednesday, la Noche Buena. Oh, and it was a GOOD NIGHT. So, Christmas here is celebrated on Christmas Eve. Everyone gets a ton of meat cooked up, a lot of drinks ready and wait until midnight to shoot off their fireworks and their guns. We also cooked up a little chicken and enjoyed some homemade bowling with some bottles we found. :) 




We had to be in the pench at 7, and it was near impossible to sleep.. so we just pressed on. 
As for the morning, we went Christmas caroling as a zone! It was way fun. We sang for a few families who haven´t come to church in a while and tried to lift some spirits through song. It was funny. There´s nothing like showing up at someone´s door with an ARMY of missionaries.

As for Christmas, we woke up, missed our bus and while waiting there was this lady sitting outside named Lorena that wouldn´t stop crying. While waiting for the bus we started talking to her (although she might have been a little tipsy,) I felt bad for her because her drunk boyfriend kicked her out on Christmas eve and she kept saying how she felt like a dog on Christmas. We ended up at the Flores´ house to have a little lunch then we came back to talk to you guys! We went to the terminal to take out a box for the zone, but the place was closed, so we wasted some time there... 

Friday and Saturday we got to work normally. We had a few lessons that were amazing. Christian and Johanna are still progressing. I´m not sure why they didn´t come to church because we talked to them on Sunday morning and they said they were good to go. Johanna is reading the Book of Mormon every day. She´s learned a lot! She keeps asking questions and is very fascinated by everything we´ve been teaching. 

We also met a guy named Enrique that´s from Bartolome de las Casas! But he moved away from there as a kid, but he knew Saul, Ernesto Flores and everyone else in the colony! It brought back some good memories to be able to talk to him.

I´m sorry, I´m doing a million things now and I´ve gotta run!
Love you all!

Elder Harris III





No comments:

Post a Comment