Monday, February 24, 2014

Happy One Year! :)



I sometimes struggle to understand how much has really happened this past year.  I know that I've grown a lot, I've met a ton of people, had some really good experiences and some really bad ones.  But for right now - I'm loving every minute of it.

You know, I've never really thought about it until now when you mention it, but thanks, I appreciate it and know that it's so true that Satan is always trying to tell us that we're not good enough.  And even though he tried, Ramona was baptized this past Saturday and confirmed on Sunday.  I truly loved the smile on her face.
My companion is from Rio Negro, Argentina.  He's way cool and has a good head on his shoulders.  He's had a rough past and once told me that he was the only active young man in his branch back home.  He has a super strong testimony and teaches though questions which I'm slowly learned how to do.  :)  We teach very well together and he's probably one of the best of all my companions up until now.  I drops cane and I love him!

This past Monday we were thinking a lot about what we should focus on as a zone and we started to think that something that we were missing.  We finally realized that it's CHARITY for the people that we teach.  :) So on Tuesday we had a surprise zone meeting and taught on charity, the spirit and our true potential to become Gods. We let all of the missionaries bare their own testimonies and it was a very spiritual, uplifting meeting.  I was super grateful to be able to hear all of their testimonies!

After that, we worked as normal and had a few miracles.  We had 6 of our investigators attend church this week so Elder Suarez and I are SUPER pumped.  The first 2 that came are C and A.  They are probably in their 50's and C is literally "bound" to cigarettes and alcohol.  He wants to quit and we had a lesson with him on Tuesday and then again on Saturday.  Sunday at church he really struggled because his bod was shaking because of the lack of these substances.  He's determined to quit and isn't going to let anything stop him. We've set a baptismal date for them on March 15!

Then there was Alicia and Valentine.  Alicia reminds me a lot of Grandma Kris.  She's like the same age and does some of the same funny things as grandma does!  She's so great and progressing.  Valentine is her grandson who lives with her.

We had a lot of fun this week and we're trying to implement the importance o love in missionary work.

I love you guys and I pray that everything is going great for you!

Love,
Elder Harris








No comments:

Post a Comment