Monday, February 17, 2014

The Power of Perserverence & Determination

I can't send any pictures today because the good cyber is full so we had to come to this crappy one.  Sorry!

Since I've been in Goya I've found so many things that I haven't seen in a while.  Today I found M&M's.  Ya.  Peanut M&M's.  Dad would die.

This week was great!  On Tuesday we did divisions with the Elders in Bella Vista.  We took a collectivo at 5:30 am to Bella Vista then Elder Condori and I got back to Goya about 10:00 to work.  We had a great day and a good district meeting.

On Wednesday we got up and took the 5:30 a.m. collectivo again back to Bella Vista and then I came back with my companion.  That night (morning - 3 a.m.) we had to take another collectivo to Resistencia for a Multi-Zone conference on Thursday morning.  The conference was great and I learned a lot about what we can do to improve ourselves and our areas.

As for right now, we have a few solid investigators.  The problem is that we can find about 30 people in a week but only 1 or 2 will keep listening after the 2nd or 3rd lesson.  Most of the people are just too nice to say no.

We do have this investigator name Alicia.  She's great!  When we found her it was a little miracle.  We were super tired of talking to people that either didn't understand our message or have any intention to progress or repent - so we were walking and decided that behind this door we are going to find someone who understands.  We knocked on the door and she let us right in!  When we invited all of the family to join in with us this other lady (who was Alicia's sister) came running in the room.  We found out that she had recently been baptized in Buenos Aries.  It was a little miracle and now Alicia is reading and trying to find out for herself if the church is true.

As a zone we have a baptism this Saturday for Ramona.  She's super cool and even though she was recently robbed of every earthly possession she is a super hard working woman of faith and is pressing on to be baptized!

If nothing else this week I've learned the power of perserverence and determination.  I absolutely love it!  I love the mission, Mom.  I hope all is well in the family.  Be sure to keep the Smith family in your prayers

Love you,

Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment