Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Farewell

Elder Harris' farewell was on Sunday, February 24, 2013.  We are so thankful for all the family and friends who came to support him at this incredible event.  He spoke about why he loves being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  Some of his more important points were: (taken from his notes)

1.  It's home to me.  It feels right and I know it's true.  Although it seems like it took me a long time to realize that I truly loved this church, but when I look back, I always realized that I knew it was true.  I just had a couple bumps along the way.

2.  The people.  I love the people of the church because they are always willing to serve and to love.

3.  The Book of Mormon.  I love this book because the stories inside teach us how to live.

4.  Blessings and miracles I've witnessed. 

5.  Opportunities to serve and grow.  Serving a mission, home teaching, and coming closer to friends and family.

Elder Harris with his home teaching partner, Brother Adams

Elder Harris with his family

Saying good-bye to Grandpa and Grandma Harris

and Grandma and Grandpa Hill

the younger baseball buddies . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment